BIMe Initiative Knowledge Structure (full size image)
This model represents the Knowledge Structure which the BIMe Initiative (BIMexcellence.org) is reliant upon to deliver interconnected software applications, guides, conceptual structures and learning materials. The Knowledge Structure is composed of five complementary Knowledge Sets:
- KS1 Knowledge Foundations represents all the research supporting the BIMe Initiative;
- KS2 Knowledge Blocks represents the modular language developed/used by the BIMe Initiative to define inputs, processes and outputs;
- KS3 Knowledge Tools represents all the digital and analogue tools/templates used to conduct knowledge acquisition, engineering and sharing;
- KS4 Knowledge Workflows represents all repeatable procedures for knowledge acquisition and service delivery; and
- KS5 Knowledge Views identifies the varied ways the BIMe Initiative activities and deliverables can be represented and communicated.
The Knowledge Sets and their subsets form the bases for all BIMe Initiative Projects (refer to 103in); organise the activities of the BIMe Initiative Network (refer to 104in); and allow the development of an expansive Knowledge Object Library.